Salt Lake City, UT
Job Status: Full Time – Salt Lake City, UT
Reports To: Director of Operations – Asia
Amount of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
The Packaging Engineer will design and develop primary packaging for new and existing products to support launches and will, under limited supervision, manage assigned projects through coordinating, planning, and organizing projects assigned to them, to assure that required deadlines are met. In addition, they will report and manage cost saving initiatives for packaging related projects. As a very astute professional, he or she, will maintain knowledge of the developments and trends in packaging for possible applications with the company’s present and future products. Other areas of responsibility will include: Create and revise packaging specifications, bill of materials and pallet patterns to support manufacturing.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Provide technical expertise to Quality Associates to solve packaging related quality issues.
- Measure, analyze and test component functionality.
- Design, develop and make modifications to new products to be manufactured.
- Aggressively drive and identify gross margin improvement projects through the optimization of primary and secondary package design / re-design.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to support continuous improvement programs in the manufacturing processes through the redesign of packaging components.
- Understand basic supplier manufacturing processes including plastic molding.
- Knowledge of blow molding, extrusion and injection molding processes is a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- BS Degree in Packaging Engineering or related field, preferred but not required.
- 1-3 years of related professional experience
- Cosmetic packaging experience preferred
- Microsoft Office applications
- Microsoft Navision or related ERP experience
- Minitab &/or SPSS or equivalent
- Adobe Suite
- Should be technical and have theoretical knowledge of packaging materials and processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects and still meet critical project milestones.
- Knowledge of packaging (or related) technical procedures
- Technical and theoretical knowledge of packaging materials and processes.
- Ability to present conclusions and recommendations to management team.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
COMPAX is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to our policy of providing equal employment opportunity to employees and job applicants in a manner consistent with applicable laws and regulations, including federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or genetic information.